Job Category: Industrial
Job Number: MM788437118
Pay Rate: $20.00 / hour
We are an innovative and fast paced paint manufacturing company located in SE Bakersfield, where we provide the best in long lasting and reliable pavement marking and traffic safety coatings.
Position: Safety Administrator
Location: Bakersfield, CA
Reports to: Plant Manager and Onsite Coordinator
Our company is searching for experienced candidates for the position of safety administrator. Please review the list of responsibilities and qualifications. While this is our ideal list, we will consider candidates that do not necessarily have all the qualifications but have sufficient experience and talent. As a safety administrator, you’ll help develop safety policies and procedures, investigate and identify risks, recommend and implement solutions to current safety issues, and review documents related to safety.
· Write/update Job Safety Analyses (JSA's)
· Implement 5s/6S program (write procedures, audit, work with maintenance and supervisors on signage, shadow boards, etc.)
· Write SOP’s and procedures.
· Support Corporate EHS Dept. and close out EHS audit findings.
· Communicate with and train employees on safety and health procedures.
· Assist in the development, implementation and on-going review of EH&S policies and procedures.
· Advise management and maintain records regarding safety regulations, standards and best practices.
· Assist as needed with driver training.
· Assist with support services within the department as needed.
· Maintain communication with the management department to understand trends in claims and what can be done to mitigate those safety risks.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bakersfield, CA 93304: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)