Job Category: Direct Hire
Job Number: IB850390122
Pay Rate: $65000-95000 / year
Our Archdale manufacturing client is growing and adding to their engineering team! They have a DIRECT HIRE career opportunity for a Product Project Engineer. Ideal candidate has experience working with equipment for industrial product shredding/recycling/waste reduction or relative industry and project management skills. Our client offers pay of $65k-$80k depending on skills and experience and great benefits including 100% paid premium for individual, dental vision, 401k, life and more! Join their friendly family feel team in a collaborative culture within a niche industry and keep our land resources viable! Summary: In this role you will lead the planning and implementation of assigned projects working directly with the Customer, Sales Representatives, Suppliers, and Contractors. Develop and define the project scope, goals, and deliverables. Schedule and manage project tasks, equipment orders, and resource requirements. Engineering responsibilities include translating project details, order confirmations, and customer specifications into a set of production documents. Define special manufacturing and/or customer drawings required to manufacture the customer’s order. Give work direction to Project Designers and Drafters. Responsibilities:
- Manage project activities for assigned orders.
- Turnover Meetings with Sales Personnel.
- Evaluate customer’s specifications and apply to the project and develop project plans and drawings.
- Direct activities of team members and plan and schedule project timelines.
- Manage project resources and budget and evaluate and select equipment suppliers.
- Specify and order equipment and track project deliverables.
- Ensure quality assurance and monitor and report project progress, problems and solutions.
- Implement/manage project changes and evaluate project results and provide assessment.
- Interacts with associates in Germany as required. Produce Sales, Customer, Standard, and Manufacturing drawings.
- Design equipment to match Company fabrication capabilities/procedures.
- Respond to Sales Personnel as required and design equipment with safety and quality
- Work with Suppliers, build relationships, and receive equipment proposals.
- Evaluate, design, and launch design products
- Deliver calculations for routine designs and expedite approval drawings and ensure accuracy of drawings/designs
- Inspect product in shop for quality prior to shipment and respond to production questions
- Mark up drawings for designers and drafters and resolve design/manufacturing questions with production leads.
- Create bills of materials and submit purchase requisitions for equipment or fabricated parts. Job
- B.S, Mechanical Engineering and 5+ years experience or Associates in Mechanical Engineering with equivalent years of drafting/drawing/product engineering
- Experience working with manufacturing of large industrial equipment/vehicles to rid large product waste and waste size reduction technology
- Working Knowledge of Metal Fabrication Process
- AutoCAD SolidWorks, Inventor, 3D drawings, MRP configurations, MS Office or similar mechanical engineering programs and design software
- Strong experience with engineering processes and product engineering launch to finish
- Driven to keep our land resources viable
- Personal achiever, self-motivated, articulate, and driven
- Excellent verbal/written/presentation communications
- Excellent math aptitude within math/trigonometry