Temp To Full-Time
Job Category: Manufacturing or Distrib.
Job Number: 125388
Pay Rate: $17.00/hour
Graham Personnel Services is assisting a client in Browns Summit, NC fill a temp to perm Machine Operator opening.
Pay rate: $17.00/hour
Hours: 3rd Shift: 11PM-7AM (Sunday-Thursday)
Convert master bobbin film to custom slit widths, operating slitter/recut equipment, which involves:
- o Proper machine setup and operation to insure that finish product conforms to customer requested width & length
- o Confirms that finished product conforms to customer quality requirements
- o Meets customer on time delivery requirement
- o Ability to discern product conformity to quality specifications: to include uniformity, appearance, width, length, weight and roll profile
- o Cuts, recycle or resales nonconforming film, responds to line breaks, crushes recycle film, stocks machine and packaging supplies, trains other employees
- o Control hoist operations to move master bobbins that could weigh in excess of 2000 lbs. From winder to slitter
- o Maintain a safe and orderly work area and communicate with various departments such as Extrusion and Warehouse
- o Performs other duties/tasks as the supervisor deems necessary.
Tape Measure, Cut resistant gloves, safety glasses, forklift, phone, slitter, rewinder, banding guns, lift tables, various packaging materials, and sharp, hand held knives and large hoists
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS NEEDED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Must be able to lift 50lbs, climb, squat, kneel, bend, stoop, pull, push, stand and able to walk extended lengths of time (12-13 hours).
Must remain constantly mentally alert to ensure safety around moving machine parts that contain pinch points, large, fast moving rollers and sharp blades.
Must be able to manage many concurrent events, rapid information flow, quick decision-making, and evaluation of competing courses of action, which can result in a high pressure work environment.
Must have the ability to maintain a steady balance as risk of injury could result if falling into moving machine rollers, blades and plastic webbing.
Must be able to perform basic math, basic computer tasks, basic troubleshooting skills, and must have good comprehension skills.
Must be able to communicate verbally and via written documentation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High school graduate or GED