Temp To Full-Time
Job Category: Manufacturing or Distrib.
Job Number: 125270
Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced EHS coordinator to join our team. In this role, you will be required to train employees on safety policies and practices, conduct regular inspections, generate health and safety assessment reports, and ensure that all occupational guidelines and regulations are adhered to.
To be a successful EHS coordinator, you should demonstrate a detailed knowledge of health and safety regulations and strong leadership skills. A top-notch EHS coordinator should possess excellent communication and training skills and have an acute eye for detail.
Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator Responsibilities:
Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator Requirements:
- Meeting with the management team to define EHS goals and objectives.
- Training employees on health and safety policies and best practices.
- Conducting inspections and identifying hazards and EHS violations.
- Providing solutions and intervention strategies for hygiene, health, and safety hazards.
- Implementing new health and safety protocols and measures to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Monitoring operational processes and employee activities with a focus on unsafe conditions and unsafe acts.
- Generating assessment documentation, incident and accident reports, and health and safety manuals.
- Reporting to management, OSHA, and other regulatory agencies.
- Preparing and submitting health and safety compliance documents to the relevant organizations.
- Keeping abreast of the latest EHS trends, policies, regulations, and best practices.
- Associates degree in Health and Safety.
- A minimum of two years' experience as an EHS coordinator is ideal.
- Detailed knowledge of relevant regulations such as OSHA, EPA, and ANSI.
- The ability to read and interpret safety data sheets.
- Proficiency in computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams.
- Strong leadership and training abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Acute attention to detail and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.